monarch dodra granted write access to phobos, druntime, and tools

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 27 16:07:25 PDT 2013

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:35:40 monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Monday, 22 July 2013 at 18:08:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>
> wrote:
> > Please join me in congratulating monarch dodra for his
> > admission among our github committers. We're starting with
> > phobos, druntime, and tools access, and if all goes well, we'll
> > extend write rights to dmd also.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrei
>
> Hey! Sorry it took me 4 days to discover the D announce thread. I
> must admit it wasn't one of the threads I looked over (although
> this will change starting today, lots of interesting articles
> here).
>
> In any case, thank you everyone for your support and kind words :)
>
> I don't think granting me dmd rights would be necessary, as I
> don't really know how the compiler works, and I mostly only
> contribute to phobos anyways (sometimes druntime).
>
> I may in the future try to contribute to dmd itself, but I
> wouldn't ever pull anything in there myself anyways, so giving me
> pull rights (at this point) would be mostly pointless.
>
> Well, here's to making D as best as it can be ^^

I wouldn't want dmd commit rights for the same reason. I tend to think that
commit rights to dmd and those to the standard library should be separate
things, as there's quite a difference between what kind of understanding is
required to work on Phobos from what is required to work on dmd (though in
most cases, someone with commit rights to dmd should probably have commit
rights to the libraries).

In any case, welcome aboard!

- Jonathan M Davis