Article: Increasing the D Compiler Speed by Over 75%

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jul 31 11:36:07 PDT 2013

On 7/31/2013 11:13 AM, Bill Baxter wrote:
> That's more analogous to something like MIPS than inverse program run time.

If you increase the speed 100%, then the elapsed time is cut by 50%.

This is a grammar school concept. It does not require an ivy league physics
degree to understand. It is not obfuscated, confusing, or misleading. It doesn't
rely on some rarely known "formal" definition of speed. I expect an audience of
programmers to understand it without needing a sidebar.

We talk about speed of programs all the time, including compiler speed. I
previously posted google searches you can try to verify it for yourself.

I.e. I'm being trolled here :-)