Article: Increasing the D Compiler Speed by Over 75%

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jul 31 16:26:32 PDT 2013

On 7/31/2013 3:58 PM, John Colvin wrote:
> It's a quite impressively unbalanced education that provides understanding of
> memory allocation strategies, hashing and the performance pitfalls of integer
> division, but not something as basic as a speed.

Have you ever seen those cards that some "electrical engineers" carry around,
with the following equations on them:

     V = I * R
     R = V / I
     I = V / R

?

I found it:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1StlhTYjiUEljnfVtFjP1BXLbixO30DIkbw-DpaYJoA0/edit?hl=en&pli=1

Unbelievable. The author of it writes:

"I'm going to explain to you how to use this cheat sheet in case you've never
seen this before."

http://blog.ricardoarturocabral.com/2010/07/electronic-electrical-cheat-sheets.html

Makes you want to cry.