simpledisplay.d now works on as 64 bit on X

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sun Jun 2 14:53:58 PDT 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into the unsigned long problem.
I noticed it in time and asked about it on the NG and was told
that the difference is between Windows and Posix. One takes
long as int32, the other as the native machine word size on
64-bit. We do the same stupid mistakes over and over. :p

Also eventually we should generate X bindings for all
platforms (including Windows) from the XML definitions like
XCB does. That means a small core written in D that enables
RPC to the X Server and a generator tool that creates
functions, structs and DDoc from what is the XML files.
(See /usr/share/xcb.)

--
Marco