simpledisplay.d now works on as 64 bit on X

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 18:31:24 PDT 2013

On Monday, 3 June 2013 at 00:15:20 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> all the remote procedure calls to the X Server. Internally
> those calls rely on a small generic set of functions that
> serializes the requests for transmission.

I see. I just skimmed an xcb tutorial and it isn't all that
different than xlib so maybe I'll spend a weekend on it at some
point and make it work in D.

There's a few things we can do to make the async stuff pretty
too, thanks to delegates and the sort.

And perhaps I can add a concept of a sprite to simplediplay. This
represents an XPixmap - distinct from an XImage in that it is on
the server - or on Windows, we can probably just us an HBITMAP.
These wouldn't offer direct pixel manipulation like
simplediplay's current Image (which is an XImage and HBITMAP in
implementation) but would be able to avoid transferring a lot of
data to the X server.

And lastly (optionally, like with terminal.d) tie it into my
generic eventloop.d. Then we'll really be cooking with gas! It'll
have to wait a while though, hacking on this stuff doesn't make
my house payments :(