simpledisplay.d now works on as 64 bit on X

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jun 9 07:00:19 PDT 2013

Adam D. Ruppe:

> I got as high as 45 fps using that trick plus the dmd -inline
> -release -O -noboundscheck flags. (The original code without
> flags and without final gave me only 30 fps).

Some people keep saying how much nice the F# language is, and
indeed I like it and it's nice. But on that page the F# entry
seems to be more than 10 times slower than D entry (the image
says 2.9 FPS, but maybe it's in debug mode):
http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Forest_fire#F.23

> I compiled and ran on wine too and it seems to have worked.

thank you for your quick fixes and improvements :-)

> oops fixed.

After this you will probably be more careful in future, to avoid
similar bugs :-)

Bye and thank you,
bearophile