simpledisplay.d now works on as 64 bit on X

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:40:50 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 9 June 2013 at 20:22:24 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Using the pointers with ldc2 I see 68 fps.

Good speed there. Another problem I just realized though: on
Windows, bitmaps are stored upside down so you'd have to draw
y-inverted too. Didn't make a difference here because the image
doesn't care about orientation but it would be visible with a lot
of other programs.

Maybe simple functions or mixins (if inlining isn't reliable)
could be used to hide this detail. Though for max performance you
might have to know some platform specific details anyway. (and
this library isn't really made for max performance, instead
preferring simplicity of use and implementation. but still no
need to be pointlessly slow)

> On Windows Vista the the window close X button on the top right
> doesn't work, and I have to use the close from the window menu
> on the top left.

OK I'll check that from my laptop tomorrow.