DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Jun 12 13:57:11 PDT 2013

> Reddit:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1g47df/dconf_2013_metaprogramming_in_the_real_world_by/
>

> Hackernews: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5861237
>
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/344431490257526785
>
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/655271701153181
>
> Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pmwKRYrfEyY
>
> Please drive discussions on the social channels, they help D a lot.
>

> Andrei

Nice talk.

I'd like to relativize the statement about JITing CTFE though.
This is feasible, even given issues such as global local variables. [1]

I have a byte code interpreter for most of CTFE. I have been
unexpectedly busy lately, but hope to get my D frontend out the door in
a more or less respectable state soon.

[1] Given that I understand the term correctly. Is this what you meant?:

int foo(int x){
   immutable globalLocal1 = 1;
   int globalLocal2 = x;
   int foo(bool first){return first?globalLocal1:globalLocal2;}
   enum y = foo(true);
   return foo(false)+y;
}
static assert(foo(2)==3);