D at University of Minnesota

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Jun 12 14:45:10 PDT 2013

On 6/12/13 5:07 PM, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

>> Sure, there's stuff that TDPL doesn't describe, but TDPL never described
>> everything (for instance, it doesn't go into a detailed explanation of
>> the
>> various types of is expressions). But that's different from it being
>> incorrect
>> due to language changes, which seems to be what Carl is saying is
>> happening.
>
> What happened is that I unclear what the state of play is; I am not
> asserting the wrongness of TDPL. Still, I am reassured by your responses.

Hi Carl -- TDPL is for the most part in good shape. There are a few
inaccuracies, but I'd say most concern corner cases that are unlike to
deter the learning process.

You may want to encourage students to interact with us here, or write me
email directly if they have any questions. I'd be very glad to help them.

Andrei