DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 02:19:32 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 09:06:00 UTC, Don wrote:
> Mono-D and Eclipse DDT both have major problems with long
> pauses while typing (eg 15 seconds unresponsive) and crashes.
> Both of them even have "modules of death" where just viewing
> the file will cause a crash. If you're unlucky enough to get
> one of those open in your default workspace file, the IDE will
> crash at startup...

That doesn't surprise me.

I really do highly recommend Sublime Text. It was created by a
former game dev, and he really, really cares about performance.
I've opened binary files in it that are hundreds of megs and it
doesn't even flinch. Just loads it up, and then you can scroll
through it or jump around at full speed with no pauses or
momentary glitches. I can't recommend it highly enough.

http://www.sublimetext.com/