DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Jun 13 06:45:12 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 13:22:23 UTC, Don wrote:
> Guys, this wasn't even part of the talk. The point I made in
> the talk is: at the moment, IDE bugs are much, much worse than
> compiler bugs.
>
> Those IDEs are in an alpha state at best. They are not in a
> state where you can just submit bug reports but keep using
> them. Not commercially.

I have not yet managed to watch the talk (queued!), just noticed
the comment that got my attention :( Sorry about that. My point
is - they are stable enough so that you may not even encounter a
crash for months or more unless you start using on some real code
base extensively. No way it can be improved without bug reports.
I don't ask you to use them - just check time to time and file
issues found. Isn't it how mainstream D development works?

The fact that Mono-D currently has _zero_ crash bugs reported &
open is really surprising to me given comments in this thread.
Judging by my experience Alex is a very responsive guy when it
comes to fixing/tweaking Mono-D but he will need some details for
sure.