DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jun 13 23:49:07 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-13 16:44, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> I've always use VIM without any problems. Is not what you typically call
> an IDE though. I think now some of "our guys" are using Geany moderately
> successfully, for sure much better than Ecplise and Mono plugins. IIRC,
> the main problem with those huge IDEs were memory usage and death-files
> (files that made the IDE crash consistently).
>
> I think there a lot of working advanced editors for D, but IDEs are
> quite behind (at least in Linux).

I agree. But he said at the end of the talk that he didn't want
codecompletion refactoring or anything like that. Now he said he just
wants something better than Notepad that is stable. If that's your
requirements then you don't need an IDE, just an editor with syntax
highlighting for D.

--
/Jacob Carlborg