DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Fri Jun 14 02:27:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:49:09 +0100, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 6/13/2013 3:48 AM, Regan Heath wrote:
>> What are the basic features you would require of a development
>> environment,
>
> People tell me that intellisense is the #1 feature.

I could go either way with intellisense.  Sometimes I need a hand
remembering what I'm doing, but mostly I'm just fine.  What bugs me more
is using an editor with no F1 -> go to documentation for this function or
no F12 -> take me to the definition of this symbol.  Those are invaluable
- providing the help system doesn't take 10 years to load I'm looking at
you (all versions of MSVC post 6).