DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 3: D-Specific Design Patterns by David Simcha

Szymon Gatner noemail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 06:49:43 PDT 2013

On Friday, 14 June 2013 at 09:15:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Please vote and discuss on the social channels.
>
> reddit:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1gbu3c/dconf_2013_dspecific_design_patterns_by_david/
>
> hackernews: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5878985
>
> facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/657031477643870
>
> twitter:
> https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/345469000991522816
>
> youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMNMV9JlkcQ
>

> Andrei

Another great talk! Invaluable for D newcomer. Very easy to
follow for C++ programmer. I actually implemented almost the same
set of D ranges for my library using enable/disable_if instead of
static if and additional traits instead of auto ref so seeing how
nicely it is handled in D is a joy. DCL(anti)P problem is so
nicely fixed too... I have tears in my eyes...

Still trying to understand loop tuple / unrolling pattern
implementation tho. Could answer Andrei's question that you later
discussed "offline"?