DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Jun 15 08:32:58 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-14 23:09, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Yes, I know. BTW, how many people is using it (if any)? If some could
> share the experience it would be appreciated.

I use it :). My experience so far is if you don't take advantage of
these buffers it can be a bit annoying. The reason is that most
functions either return T[] or const(T)[]. If you use "string" in the
rest of your code you cannot easily store a returned value to a "string"
variable. I guess some of those could be fixed by returning inout(T)[]
instead.

Otherwise I think it's working good.

--
/Jacob Carlborg