DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 4: LDC by David Nadlinger

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Mon Jun 17 08:41:22 PDT 2013

On Monday, 17 June 2013 at 13:47:20 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1gie4b/dconf_2013_ldc_the_llvmbased_d_compiler_by_david/
>
> Slide 14:
>
> PFFT (SSE) seems slow on LDC2: if you can extract a small test
> case LLVM devs will appreciate a lot a bug report (they fixed
> many lacks of optimizations submitted by me). If you have a link
> to the PFFT code them maybe I can do that myself.

I don't know what PFFT stands for (can't google it either, funny
results shows up) but if it related to vectorization then maybe
LDC has been slower because it was built against LLVM 3.3 while
LLVM 3.4 brings more vector optimizations.

Maybe all what has to be done, is rerunning benchmarks against
LDC + LLVM 3.4 ?