LDC in LLVM Release Notes

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Jun 19 14:51:04 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at 20:40:39 UTC, qznc wrote:
> LDC is explicitly mentioned in the LLVM 3.3 Release Notes [0].
> In contrast
> to other frontends, LDC seems to follow upstream much more
> closely (or
> maybe is forced to due to bugs?).
>
> Anyhow, kudos to David Nadlinger and whoever else was involved!

Kai Nacke is actually the one who has been doing most of the work
to keep LDC compiling against latest LLVM trunk (and by
extension, also the releases). But yes, being able to build
against latest LLVM was pretty much a necessity for us this time
around, as Kai did quite a lot of work to improve support for
Win64 and PPC64 on the LLVM recently, and LDC/MinGW also relies
on a few tiny patches I submitted a while ago.

David