[Phoronix] D Language Still Showing Promise, Advancements

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jun 20 07:59:31 PDT 2013

Adam D. Ruppe:

> Is it just me or has Rust completely displaced Go as the go-to
> 'why D when we have X' thing on the reddit?
>
> It seems like not even a full year ago, Rust was rarely
> mentioned and all the versus hype was about Go.

Go now is not advertised as a system language, and I think it has
found its niche, sufficiently different from D. So there's much
less reason for them to be discussed together.

One year ago Rust was less developed compared to now. And Rust is
meant to be a low level system language (from what I am seeing
lately, it seems Rust is gaining a niche at a level lower than D).

In threads where both Rust and D are discussed, I suggest
everybody to not express bad opinions in general about Rust. If
you want to criticize Rust then I suggest to write only on very
specific features at a time.

Bye,
bearophile