[Phoronix] D Language Still Showing Promise, Advancements

qznc qznc at web.de
Fri Jun 21 05:11:17 PDT 2013

On Friday, 21 June 2013 at 07:04:41 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> As a language geek I think all might have their place.

Me too.

The only-thread-local-garbage-collection of Rust is quite
interesting in my opinion. Since many-cores (e.g. Xeon Phi) are
coming, a stop-the-world garbage collector might become
unacceptable. If this is a good solution will be seen (maybe). I
certainly do not want D to adopt this experimental feature. Let
them do the research. ;)