D/Objective-C, extern (Objective-C)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jun 24 14:26:12 PDT 2013

Walter Bright:

> Yes, but since I don't know much about O-C programming, the
> feature should be labeled "experimental" until we're sure it's
> the right design.

This change opens a new target of D development (well, it was
already open for the people willing to use a not standard dmd
compiler), but it also introduce some extra complexity in the
language, that every D programmer will have to pay forever, even
all the ones that will not use those features. So such changes
need to be introduced with care and after extensive discussions
in the main newsgroup. Probably each one new thing introduced
needs a separate discussion.

Bye,
bearophile