D/Objective-C, extern (Objective-C)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jun 25 02:23:37 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-25 08:53, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> Maybe it's new in dmd but gdc already has an UDA which is recognized by
> the compiler:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/blob/master/libphobos/libdruntime/gcc/attribute.d
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commit/afb27a0048cbf51d40abc2810b85641d9e9af9dc
>
> The benefit of an UDA is that it does not pollute the global namespace
> like a normal attribute would.

Ok, I see. I don't know if that is implemented in DMD, not that I've
heard of. But implementing this in DMD would be more work and would be
yet another new feature. Note, I'm not saying I'm against it, I just
want to limit how many new features are added to increase the chance of
this getting into main line.

--
/Jacob Carlborg