Announcing bottom-up-build - a build system for C/C++/D

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Jun 27 23:05:08 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 27 June 2013 at 23:03:40 UTC, Graham St Jack wrote:

> This isn't a build tool for everyone, but it really does make a
> big
> difference on big projects.

Well I'm noticing some interesting concepts, such as being able
to associate an include or import file with the library to link
in, so that it gets done automatically simply by using the
include/import file, great idea assuming I understood that
correctly.

One thing you may want to consider, or maybe this is already
possible, is add the ability to optionally specify something like
*.d so that all .d files get included from a folder, rather than
have to always individually specify them manually.

Also more concise documentation with clearer examples would be
invaluable. I'm currently unsure if I need to restructure my
existing project folders to fit bub or if bub can be configured
to fit my existing projects.

--rt