DConf 2013 Closing Keynote: Quo Vadis by Andrei Alexandrescu

CJS Prometheus85 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 12:05:41 PDT 2013

In the talk Andrei seems to mentions that D's associative arrays
are lacking in performance somehow. I'm very new to D, but it's
not obvious to me what the shortcoming is. I assume it's that for
some reason it's hard to specialize associative arrays to specfic
types to give increased performance in specfic cases, but I'm
unclear why that would be difficult. Could someone please
elaborate?