Four new committers on github: AndrejMitrovic, ibuclaw, klickverbot, and rainers

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Mar 8 06:32:34 PST 2013

Dmitry Olshansky, el  8 de March a las 12:33 me escribiste:
> There is got to be more effective process to merge stuff. Current
> situation involves ping-pong between commiter/reviewer and
> contributor on every minor nit there is. That basically involves
> reviewing the same exact code few times over as cleanup arrives some
> days later. And even when contributor think he did cleanup
> something, he/she may as well miss what's the deal and the cycle
> repeats.
>
> Instead it's definitely possible for committer to checkout the pull,
> do an extra cleanup commit (with automatic tool possibly, like
> detab/toln and I'd love to see official "indent" for D) and push it
> to the main repo. (Or squash the commits. This doesn't cancel out
> reviewing anything non-trivial by at least 2 persons.)

I think this is the wrong approach. People need to learn how to do
a proper pull request, you can't get the committers doing cleaning work
after contributors. Is a learning process, once you get it right, your
pull requests shouldn't too many cycles to get accepted.