Four new committers on github: AndrejMitrovic, ibuclaw, klickverbot, and rainers

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Mar 8 08:19:36 PST 2013

On 3/8/13 10:53 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I think the skepticism is misplaced.

Feel free to experiment with it. The problem with this approach is
people will post increasingly sloppy code on the account that reviewers
must fix it. I'm glad we're well past the point where people shove
essentially unfinished work with the subtext "well here's as far as I
got, feel free to take it over from here".

At the level of professionalism and commitment necessary for
contributing to D, I don't think asking for crisp diffs is much of a drag.

I won't reply to this any further. As long as it's just a hypothesis,
arguments pro and con may go on forever. Again, experiment with it; if
successful, then we can adopt it.

BTW ironically only today I've done such a thing:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/297.
The change was minor; but by doing that systematically we create
precedent for less parallelization of work and more work for bottleneck
contributors.

Andrei