Unmanaged - a D framework on github

D-ratiseur ThisAdressDoesntExist at nowhere.fr
Wed Mar 13 11:30:57 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 13 March 2013 at 18:01:20 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 March 2013 at 16:20:08 UTC, D-ratiseur wrote:
>> Hello, I'd like to introduce the "Unmanaged" framework.
>> It's a OOP library, strongly inspired by the Delphi/Pascal RTL.
>>
>> Its main concept is to bypass the GC. From this statement, the
>> library feaures:
>> - main unmanaged object and memory routines
>> - a parameterized list
>> - an ownership system (used to automate the destroying of
>> object)
>> - a parentship system
>> - a serialization system...
>> - etc work in progress.
>>
>> This library is developped in the same time I learn D, but
>> comming from Delphi, it's inspired by its class system  (but
>> it's not a copy at all).
>> Unmanaged is tested under win32 an linux64. Basic build
>> scripts are provided for both systems and code review are
>> welcome.
>>
>> you can track the project on github:
>>
>> https://github.com/BBasile/Unmanaged
>>
>> Hey.
>
> Can you give some code sample so we can have an idea of what it
> is ?

Not really, a sample woulds look like one of the unittest. But
looking at the previous answer, it's not like the D runtime, it's
more a "framework" based on the minimal dmd distribution (so some
std functions are used, some strings stuff,some error
suff,...).It's not a RTL (run time library, such as phobos), it's
a framework which provides a way to make trees, to serialize and
uppon everything to bypass the garbage collector. It's more
focused on the structure and it's definitively not a replacement
to something.