Mono-D v0.5.1.4 - Bugs 'n' Improvements

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Mar 14 14:25:37 PDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:47:43 +0100
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/13, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com>
> wrote:
> > Wikipedia's MonoDevelop page says
> > "Xamarin offers a rebranded version of MonoDevlop 4.0 as Xamarin
> > Studio which now uses platform-specific code in various places to
> > enhance the look & feel." So sounds good :)
>
> Unfortunately they now forcefully bundle the Android SDK, which I have
> no use for, but have to wait downloading 800MB..

It didn't do that for me. *shrug*

Unfortunately, Xamarin tries to force its own color scheme, and only
partially succeeds at it, leaving the program filled with
barely-readable "light-on-light" text and other text that appears
partially-rendered kinda like "anti-aliasing gone terribly wrong" (not
to mention lots of eye-searing plain-white backgrounds). I'm not a GTK
fan, but when I get a chance I'll have to try compiling the
plain-vanilla non-Xamarin MonoDevelop if there indeed isn't a pre-built
Windows version of it.