Go vs. D [was Re: Rust vs Dlang]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Mar 17 15:41:15 PDT 2013

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 17:14:42 1100110 wrote:
> Soo...  You're saying D is like Vim?  =P

LOL. D's learning curve is nowhere near as steep as that. Almost nothing has a
learning curve as steep as vim...

But on some level, the concept is the same. In order for something to be
powerful enough to properly equip an experienced user, it usually ends up
being more complicated for the newbie to learn. Making it super easy for the
newbie to learn will just make it less useful for them in the long run,
because the power just won't be there even when they're no longer a newbie.
The trick is to make something which is powerful and flexible for the
experienced user and yet not too daunting for the newbie. I don't know how
well we've succeeded on that front, but I'm sure that more tutorials and
better documentation and whatnot would help.

- Jonathan M Davis