Rust vs Dlang

Tommy McGuire mcguire at crsr.net
Mon Mar 18 09:55:17 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 16 March 2013 at 14:42:58 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> http://versusit.org/rust-vs-d

I just saw this post on the Rust subreddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/1agj5i/rust_vs_dlang_d_programming_language_discussion/
(that is, oddly, linking to this discussion and not the original
post), and was very confused by the "Rust" code. Quoting kibwen
on Reddit, "Not only are the Rust snippets using ancient 0.0
syntax, they are written such that they would never compile in
the first place."

The io module isn't in std, integers don't have a .times method
(that I know about, anyway), "alt" is now "match" (I think), and
there is no "try".