Go vs. D [was Re: Rust vs Dlang]

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Mar 18 12:08:01 PDT 2013

Am 18.03.2013 13:21, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 3/18/13 1:46 AM, Rory McGuire wrote:
>> The reason I use golang and not dlang for development at work is because
>> debugging is straightforward no weird segfaults after you program has
>> been running for a couple of days.
>>
>> Their debugging and benchmark tools are really good and the
>> documentation is fantastic.
>
> Could you please go into details on the debugging and benchmarking
> tools? Thanks.

 From the time I used Go.

You can use gdb or if you prefer something like a debugger IDE, LiteIDE

http://code.google.com/p/liteide/

For benchmarking there is an old blog entry about the tools.

http://blog.golang.org/2011/06/profiling-go-programs.html

Nothing that you cannot find in other languages, unless there is now
something much better available.

--
Paulo