Reviving BulletD -- again

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 14:22:02 PDT 2013

After a significant hiatus, I've decided that I need to get
BulletD up and running again. I think that the main reason it
died was just that I felt so overwhelmed with the sheer magnitude
of the project, and I've realized that there's no way I can
finish it myself in a reasonable amount of time, so I'm issuing
an invitation to anyone who's interested in helping to get it to
a functional state.

Here's the project's current status:

I've gotten about 7,000 lines of code ported (which, by my
estimates, is under 10% of the codebase), but it needs to be
revised to be up-to-date with the latest version of Bullet, and
my earlier misguided attempts to make the memory allocators more
"D-friendly" need to be reverted to the original form used in
Bullet. I'm also probably missing some parts of the modules I've
ported, so I'll need to get those fleshed out.

If anyone feels like participating, feel free to port a module or
two and submit a pull request at github.com/blm768/bulletD. The
current focus is getting the already-ported modules revised (and
rewritten where necessary), especially in the linearMath
subdirectory because so many modules depend on that code.