Reviving BulletD -- again

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 20:39:59 PDT 2013

> Why a port instead of a wrapper?

I initially tried to generate a wrapper with SWIG, but Bullet
uses nested classes, which cause SWIG to choke. I could write my
own wrapper, but it would cause a loss of flexibility (especially
with templates) and introduce a bit of overhead. Considering the
size of Bullet's interface, a port doesn't seem that much harder
than a wrapper when both languages use a similar syntax.

That being said, if anyone has an idea for a wrapper system that
would expose all or most of what can be done with the C++
interface and be significantly easier to maintain than a port,
I'm completely open to the idea.