Guigle: Is there help?

Stephen Jones siwenjo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 18:47:39 PDT 2013

I was looking for a GUI that I could run over an openGL window in
D and gave up and wrote a gui out of openGL that is the last
sequence of draws and that gets rendered to the near plane. The
project is called Guigle. So far it includes Button, CheckBox,
Cursor, DropMenu, EditField, Editor, FileChooser, FileSaver,
MsgBox, EntryBox, and TextField classes, all of which behave like
a rudimentary WinForms. All of the workings, including loading
Derelict3 are blackboxed into a Guigle folder, which also
contains a layout.ini for setting colors, fonts and theme. To use
Guigle you extend Form in the main App class, call super with
window w, h, clearColor, and a parameterless delegate to an
initial function. The App class also overrides a draw function
which allows the programmer to access the GL loop to draw
underneath the GUI; events for user defined GL, at this stage,
have to be handled via events thrown from the GUI. Although not
rigorously tested it all works on XP as expected and without
crashing.

I would like to make the software openSource (BSD or community)
and put it on GIT and was wondering if any body could help me
publish the thing. I am really dense when it comes to figuring
out configuration issues. My way would be to dump the MonoDevelop
(Xamarin) .sln onto GIT and if people want to use it they can
download it and treat the project like a template… basically
clear out the initial App class and build the functionality they
want; they do not need to go into the Guigle folder to access the
functionality. But there is probably a way better way of doing
things, like making the Guigle folder something you could place
in the DMD2\scr directory and linking to it. When I try this I
get all sorts of issues like dlls no longer found, file names
missing, etc, basically configuration issues that I do not
understand. Why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill?