Standalone opengl bindings

David d at dav1d.de
Sun May 5 03:47:38 PDT 2013

> A few reasons:
> - It's one file that does JUST the opengl stuff. With derelict, the
> functions it provides overlap with the platform SDK. Sure you can
> prevent conflicts by aliasing them but it's messy and a waste.
I don't understand it, which function e.g. conflicts?

> - Derelict requires countless files over two different sub-projects just
> to get simple opengl support. You would certainly want to build it
> separately and then link it in, with this it's just a case of adding one
> file to your project.
Well, for Derelict I have to add ~5 files (all of the opengl subfolder)

> - I'm building on top of this, this way it's one fewer dependency to
> worry about.
I use Derelict with a git submodule and only compile the folders in I
need, works great.

> - Because it's generated automatically from the spec it will always be
> up to date (currently 4.3, whereas derelict is only on 2.1!).

I think you're misinformed, Derelict always supported more than that,
current version supports 4.3 as well