Standalone opengl bindings

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:57:55 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 21:33:35 UTC, Diggory wrote:

> Ah I was looking at Derelict rather than Derelict2 apparently -
> slightly confusing having the latest version in a branch...

I never really *finished* Derelict 2. The only thing holding me
back from declaring it so was the lack of documentation. I just
never got around to doing it. After support for D1 was announced
to be going away, and given that most D projects had moved over
to github and that DSource was pretty much dead, I decided to
leave everything there as it is and start anew with a D2-only
version on github. I did leave a note about it on the project
page at DSource.

I have a disclaimer in the Derelict 3 readme that it's an alpha,
but that's to cover my ass when errors are found. I do everything
mostly by hand, with a couple of very specific custom scripts to
make it a little bit easier (which, now that I think about it, I
no longer have after my format disaster a few weeks back). So
copy-paste errors and whatnot crop up from time to time. But it's
very much in a usable state. Most of the time, it just works. I'm
always open to ideas to make it easier to work with, though. Once
it's been in usage for a bit longer and I've got some docs to go
with it, I'll be ready to call it gold.

Currently you can use OpenGL two ways in Derelict 3. The
preferred way is to import the gl3 module to get only the core
functions. I also provide a gl module that can be used instead to
get everything, including the deprecated stuff.