DConf 2013 Opening Keynote by Walter Bright: video and slides available

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed May 8 11:26:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, 08 May 2013 14:00:09 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 5/8/13 1:12 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > Andrei: Roughly how big are the original video files you're
> > uploading?
>
> The keynote is some 600+ MB.

About how many videos total will there be? If it gets too big, I could
even just transcode them myself.

> > If you didn't want to setup/seed the torrents yourself, and I
> > had access to them and they weren't too huge (I can manage a
> > combined total of up to a few gigabytes), then I'd be happy
> > setup/seed torrents of the original video files so people don't
> > have to wait for them to get uploaded to and transcoded by
> > dailymotion/youtube/whatever, just so I can grab them from there
> > and torrent what might end up being a goofy flv file that not
> > everyone will be able to play anyway.
>
> Let's get to downloading once we have the videos and slides up and
> working.

Fair enough.

> BTW what's a good site for sharing slides?

Any plain old HTTP server. dlang.org, dconf.org, or even github since
you can easily direct link to the actual files (unless they've
changed that, but I don't think so). PDFs are small. I can mirror them
on my server too if you wanted to email them to me (user: nick1
domain: semitwist.com), or I can wait until they're all on slideshare
and grab them myself - I signed up for a dummy account (Yay
mailinator!! :) ).

Slideshare doesn't seem to be too bad as an option for some people
(it beats the hell out of google docs), I just wouldn't stick
*exclusively* to online-viewer services, especially ones that require
either registration or high-end browser technologies just for a trivial