DConf 2013 Opening Keynote by Walter Bright: video and slides available

Kiith-Sa kiithsacmp at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:37:31 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 8 May 2013 at 18:24:34 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/8/13 2:16 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 5/8/2013 11:00 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> BTW what's a good site for sharing slides?
>>
>> Can't we just put them on dconf.org?
>
> We can offer them for download, but specialized sites offer
> nice online navigation.
>
> Andrei

Current FF (and probably other browsers) has a builtin PDF reader,
which is _much_ more convenient than any web-based tool I've seen.
(And a real PDF viewer is better yet).

I think there would be much less problems if the files were made
available
directly first - it takes little effort and would allow other
people to,
say, upload it to YouTube and million other sites.