DConf 2013 Opening Keynote by Walter Bright: video and slides available

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:22:47 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 8 May 2013 at 21:01:08 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/8/13 4:17 PM, John Colvin wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 8 May 2013 at 18:51:39 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We're finally live! Talk slides are hosted on dconf.org, and
>>> video is
>>> on youtube. Check it out!
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2F2pqeMLuw
>>>

>>> Andrei
>>
>> I'm hearing some phase weirdness from the audio. It's still
>> perfectly
>> intelligible but a little off-putting. This sort of thing is
>> usually
>> caused by a stereo signal being mixed to mono. Are the
>> original files
>> stereo (should say somewhere in the properties)?
>
> According to VLC the original seems to be stereo.
>
> Andrei

The uploaded version appears to be mono (or at least left and
right identical). This conversion is probably the cause of the
strange hollow effect, particularly noticeable in the applause.

It's no big deal but it might be nice to get sorted so as to
present the most professional product possible.