DConf 2013 Opening Keynote by Walter Bright: video and slides available

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:41:03 PDT 2013

This is awesome, the video is a great quality.

By cons I agree with the last point raised by the audience on the
relative weakness of the documentation. I follow the D
intermittently and I think the online documentation has improved,
although it is not enough. With a friend we works on a project
and sometimes it's hard to find what we are looking for.
I find tools are generally very good, MonoD and VisualD works
very well and support of debuggers.

We hope to make a good contribution by the development of a GUI
library.
__traits are amazing, it allows us to generate a lot of code
automatically. We still have to work one the kernel of our
library before making a first public prototype.