DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 2: Copy and Move Semantics in D by Ali Cehreli

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat May 11 16:39:27 PDT 2013

On Sat, 11 May 2013 18:31:16 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 5/11/13 5:54 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > And it
> > does come across a bit disrespectful to those of us who wanted to
> > go but couldn't.
>
> That I do take issue with. After the organizers and the speakers
> invested very significant effort in making this event happen, the
> basic complaint here is that they can't get free content out fast
> enough.

[...]
> Please think it over and exercise reason.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'll re-iterate a couple
things:

A. I didn't say "those who didn't" or "chose not to" go, but those who
"couldn't".

But more importantly:

B: I said it *comes across* a bit disrespectful, I *didn't* say that it
actually *is* disrespectful.

Furthermore, my whole point was nothing more than to merely suggest
that *maybe* the delay should simply be somewhat less, *not* a demand
or expectation, and *not* even a suggestion that they should all be
released as soon as is technically feasable. I was very careful to
choose wordings that would not get misconstrued as such, so please
don't twist my words into insults that I never made just because you
don't agree with an idea that I merely placed on the table.