DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 2: Copy and Move Semantics in D by Ali Cehreli

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon May 13 14:43:01 PDT 2013

On 5/13/13, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In about 4 days, I remember coming home and seeing 4 more hours and saying,
> "aw crap, we have four hours of TV to watch"  When it became a chore, we
> deleted the "season pass".

Isn't this an issue with Tivo only having limited space to keep the
episodes, essentially forcing you to watch something or delete it?
This is not an issue with your average PC hard drive.

Also, you may not want to watch every episode. For example if I think
an episode is bad I just won't watch it, I'll watch the next episode.
This probably won't work with series that have a continuous storyline,
but with conference videos every "episode" is unique, and I'm really
not interested in all of them. Having a delay of several days between
releases does nothing to make me more interested in a talk.

As for watching several hours per day, that's ok with me (e.g. if it's
a really good series). If I have a free day to spare I'll watch any
number of episodes if it's a really good show (Breaking Bad, Dexter,
La Femme Nikita, just to name a few, were all great to watch eagerly).

But this is clearly a YMMV territory, everyone has different needs.

Anyway I wish this PR stunt was announce *beforehand*.