DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 2: Copy and Move Semantics in D by Ali Cehreli

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Tue May 14 16:24:01 PDT 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 11 de May a las 20:22 me escribiste:
> On 5/11/13 7:39 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >Furthermore, my whole point was nothing more than to merely suggest
> >that *maybe* the delay should simply be somewhat less, *not* a demand
> >or expectation, and *not* even a suggestion that they should all be
> >released as soon as is technically feasable.
>
> Sure - let's take a quick poll on what would be the best release schedule.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer if all videos are released as soon
as possible. AFAIK no other conference that publishes videos introduces
an artificial delay when releasing videos and slides, just for "PR"
reasons. I even think is anti-PR to do such a thing (I can see how
making one announcement each couple of days in reddit/etc. can help keep
D in the spot but I don't see any reason why not to upload the actual
stuff and link it in the conference website).

People that is actively looking for the stuff should be able to find it.
People that doesn't know about the conference, should get a notification
about a new video once in a while. Still, 10 months seems crazy. As
somebody mentioned before, 1 month seems much more reasonable, 2 at most.