DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 2: Copy and Move Semantics in D by Ali Cehreli

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed May 15 11:18:26 PDT 2013

On 5/14/13, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> BTW, for comparison:
>
> Dconf 2007: 8/25-8/27 2007
>
> Slides posted: 7/10/2008

I wasn't around back then. :)

On 5/14/13, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Reminds me of Lewis CK's "Everything is amazing, and nobody is happy"

Well there's always going to be a difference in expectations between
the old and new generation. Some things become great, others start to
suck. For example I've got this microwave at home which is more than
20 years old, and it still works as great as day 1. Whereas I once
bought a (not so cheap) toaster and it broke within a month. Not
everything is amazing these days at all.

And once you add artificial restrictions to something, people get mad.

On 5/14/13, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But there is something about having it *available* that compels you to watch it, and eventually ends up making you resent the availability

YMMV (or MMMV). :)

Anyway, yeah this was made to encourage discussions on every
presentation, I understand this now.