DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 4: Writing Testable Code in D by Ben Gertzfield

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu May 16 14:14:43 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 06:25:38 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> Watch, discuss, vote! As discussed you may want to use reddit for
> discussing this talk for a larger audience and impact.
>
> http://goo.gl/VnDVi

Fantastic talk. I had read about dependency injection before, but ended
up dismissing it as "Java-born overengineering". This changed my mind
within the first 15 minutes.

Related to what Ben was saying around 34:00-35:00 or so about looking
forward with this and being able to say "Oh, XXXX software was made in
D, so good chance it's pretty stable": I think a mature version of
deject would be a great thing to have in Phobos, building on how well
built-in unittests have worked out.