DConf 2013 Day 1 Talk 5: Using D Alongside a Game Engine by Manu Evans

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri May 17 07:14:21 PDT 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> Great talk. Vote up!

I agree, it's quite good for D.

> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1eiku4/dconf_2013_day_1_talk_5_using_d_alongside_a_game/

On the YouTube page I suggest to fix the PDF link to:
http://dconf.org/2013/talks/evans_1.pdf

>[Page 16] Compiling performed in 2 passes<

With some work on dmd I think this will get even better.

>[Page 30] C++ can’t assert the signature matches.  Perhaps a
>template solution is possible?<

Maybe one solution is to write them only once each, on the C++
side. Then import the file on the D side and process it at
compile-time to convert it to the desired code, later mixed in.

Bye,
bearophile