Arch Linux users and packagers : upcoming coomunity/dmd package change

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Sat May 18 07:19:05 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 09:17:08 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> I have reached conceptual agreement with dmd package maintainer
> (Sven-Hendrik Haase), new PKGBUILD's are written and change is
> planned together with 2.063 release.
>
> Important stuff to be aware of (mostly important to AUR
> packagers):
>
> * dmd now provides virtual package "d-compiler" of version that
> matches dmd front-end version
> * package is now built based on matching github branch. Any
> tools that did not have source code available is removed.
> * new package "dtools" is added. Not only rdmd was moved there
> but also all tools from D-Programming-Language/tools that make
> sense for end user will be there (including DustMite!)
> * dtools does not have strict dependency on dmd, only on
> "d-compiler"
>
> As it may be obvious, general direction is to decouple D tool
> chain and make it possible to install gdc, ldc and dmd at the
> same time globally with no conflicting binaries. Next goal is
> generalizing dependecies for Phobos but this needs extensive
> testing and is delayed.
>
> Please tell me if this is going to cause any issues, it is not
> that late to make some tweaks.

Hello.

Thank you for doing this.

Got couple questions:

Will be shared library installed alongside with static library?
Will libdruntime.so belong to druntime package?

I've modified dmd-git package: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/792e3abc so
I've got shared druntime and phobos but currently there is
somekind of weird build process going on... it is required to
build phobos first in order to get libdruntime.so

Regards,