Arch Linux users and packagers : upcoming coomunity/dmd package change

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Sat May 18 08:59:45 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 15:26:49 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 14:19:08 UTC, nazriel wrote:
>> Will be shared library installed alongside with static library?
>
> Yes.

Cool!

>> Will libdruntime.so belong to druntime package?
>
> No. Currently there is no separate druntime package as druntime
> is part of phobos binary. This will be a separate issue to
> address when I'll start decoupling Phobos.

Yeah, this "druntime is part of phobos binary" business sux.
I guess druntime and phobos make files would require tweaking in
order to allow building druntime as standalone library.

On other hand, AFAIK both LDC and GDC uses modified version of
druntime. That would require 3 different packages for druntime.
Be it: gdc-druntime, ldc-druntime and dmd-druntime - wonder if
this could be improved somehow

>> I've modified dmd-git package: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/792e3abc
>> so I've got shared druntime and phobos but currently there is
>> somekind of weird build process going on... it is required to
>> build phobos first in order to get libdruntime.so
>
> You can have a look at PKGBUILD drafts for upcoming packages
> here : https://github.com/Dicebot/Arch-PKGBUILDs for insight.
> Actually simply changing version there from "master" to "2.063"
> and back makes all the difference between dmd-git and upcoming
> release : )

Very nice!