dip - another D package manager

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sat May 18 14:36:10 PDT 2013

On 18 May 2013 21:01, Rory McGuire <rjmcguire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Iain,
>
> On 18 May 2013 12:41, "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Rory... so we meet again.  :)
>
> Are you from selection.co.uk?

Certainly am, however I wouldn't have thought you'd need to ask... I have
both the benefit and burden of having a name that no one else in the world
has... :-)

> Looks like a nifty tool. However many projects use wildly different build
> system's - all mine use make,  some people prefer waf or cmake - or may
> provide configuration files for one of the vagary of package managers out
> there's for D that are out there roaming around.
> >
> > So do you cater for all these mix match of tools out there, or is your
> focus thise specific to the d tool chain.
>
> If it's to have any success it'll have to support the other build systems.
> However my hope is that I can make this thing so simple and intuitive that
> new projects would prefer it.
> I haven't spent much time on it yet so there is a way to go still.

Other D build systems have started out with the same premise, however
inertia is always in the way of that ever happening unfortunately...

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';