Visual D 0.3.36 released - support for Alex Bothe's semantic analysis, LDC and profiling

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Mon May 20 07:24:20 PDT 2013

On 16/05/2013 17:58, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 05/16/2013 03:08 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>
>  > On 14/05/2013 06:45, TommiT wrote:
>
>  >> Notice that "alias this = id" is not supposed to be valid syntax.
>  >
>  > Huh, what's this about? DMD does not seem to recognize it, but it's
>  > listed in the grammar. Is it an upcoming feature or is the grammar out
>  > of date?
>
> When the other use of alias has been changed from
>
>    alias int NewName;  // weird syntax

>    alias NewName = int;  // welcome syntax
>
> 'alias this' has also been inadvertently changed from
>
>    alias memberFunc this;    // still valid syntax

>    alias this = memberFunc;  // buggy syntax
>
> It has been a recent bug which has quickly been reverted. Here is a past
> discussion:
>
>    http://forum.dlang.org/thread/aaflopktcjmljxdnoizj@forum.dlang.org
>
> Ali

Ah I see. I was about to ask why was it put in the grammar documentation
then, but it seems it is no longer there for the online version of the
documentation:
http://dlang.org/declaration.html#AliasThisDeclaration

It is still present in the documentaton of the 2.062 DMD download
though, hence my confusion. :S
(I was looking at the download doc)

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer