mysql-native: Seamlessly supports Phobos-only sockets

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon May 20 14:14:08 PDT 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 02:08:05 -0400
Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> If you want to use Phobos sockets, you can do it two ways:
>
> 1. Pass -version=MySQLN_NoVibeD to the compiler. This will completely
> eliminate all dependencies on Vibe.d (and remove all Vibe.d
> capabilities, naturally) and automatically use Phobos sockets.
> Everything else will be exactly the same (But see the "caveat" below).

Since it makes a lot more sense for the default to be *no*
external dependencies, I've flipped it around:

By default, mysql-native is now Phobos-only and does *not* depend on
Vibe.d (or any other third party lib).

To enable the optional Vibe.d support (which also makes Vibe.d sockets
the default instead of Phobos sockets, although you can explicitly
choose either at runtime), then include the following compiler flag:

  -version=Have_vibe_d

That flag above will be included automatically if you compile using
DUB, and your project uses Vibe.d.